Monday, March 28, 2011

Jugtown Cafe

Dave, Ken, Deb, and I were on a long weekend March 25th in a little town called Gold Hill, NC. While we were there, we went to Seagrove to visit the pottery stores. We ate lunch at a recommended place called Jugtown Cafe. This is, I have to say, a hole in the wall Cafe that was celebrating it's 15th year in existence on the day we dropped in for a bite.  I do have to say that they make an amazing Reuben.  They chop up the corned beef and mix it with the sauerkraut, cheese and thousand island dressing.  I have never had a reuben done this way and it was truly a good sandwich.

Ken had a steak sandwich.  It was a winner as well.  The steak was chopped with mushrooms, peppers, and layered with cheese. 

Otherwise, the onion rings and french fries were so so.  I know this isn't a Triangle Great, but if you ever venture to Seagrove, NC, this is definitely a place to stop in and have a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment